Availability Monitoring will help in monitoring service levels and meeting service level requirements or targets. It models services and provides the tools necessary to improve those services to customers. It is possible to:
- Define service level targets,
- Define times when service should be measured,
- Define scheduled outages,
- See the status of services in real-time and view reports that provide historical information about the level of service delivered.
An overview of the pre-packaged tools that have been supplied is detailed in the following sections. Included within are details on how to configure Availability Monitoring to use the various service level monitoring features.
Availability Monitoring has the ability to setup and monitor Service Level targets for the following Availability entities according to a pre-defined schedule:
- EXTERNAL (ATM and TANDEMENTITY)