Within Prognosis individual MTS queues that share a common purpose are grouped together into 'Functions', which will often match configured functions in the MTS application. Multiple 'Functions' can exist and individual queues can belong to one or more different 'Functions'.
Furthermore, one or more 'Functions' can be placed together into 'Views'. These Views are then used by the Prognosis AciMtsQueue (MTSQSUM) record to collect the required queue data which can then be added to a Prognosis Display by using a Where Clause to specify the required 'View' name, e.g. RECTYPE MATCHES "Group" AND GRPSETNM CONTAINS "MTS Central".
The Prognosis for MTS installation includes a default set of 'Views' which are used in the pre-packaged data Displays. These 'Views' include:
After completing the procedure below to 'Build Default Views', these default 'Views' will be automatically set up with the Functions/Queues from the monitored environment.
Prognosis can support the monitoring of multiple MTS 'Areas' on a single MTS server, with each 'Area' having its own set of configured Views and Functions to be monitored.
Pre-packaged Display Data
For out of box display packaging to show the expected data, the following configuration must be included in the Views:
- For a Function Group to Show up in MTS Central, the queue must be part of View 'MTS Central'
- For a Function Group to Show up in Queue Central, the queue must be part of View 'Queue Central'
- For a Function Group to Show up in the PULSE 'Proof1' group it must be part of the View 'Proof1' following the appropriate naming convention:
- For Proof 1: For any Function Group for it to appear in the 'Pending Delivery' window within PULSE (even if not Pending delivery) it must have '-Pending Delivery' at the end of its function group name. Simply designating it as 'Combined' and part of a Proof1 view, it will not appear anywhere in the displays.
- For Proof 1: For any Function Group for it to appear in the untilted 'Count' window within PULSE (even if not a count) it must have '-count' at the end of its function group name. Simply designating it as 'Combined' or 'count' and part of a Proof1 view, it will not appear anywhere in the displays.
- For Proof 1: To create a custom view that utilizes the Proof 1 display format; name the view 'Proof1__<ViewName>' (double underbar) otherwise it will under 'Proof Views' by default.
Open the Administration tool of the Prognosis Web Application.
All Programs > Prognosis > Prognosis Administration
In the server panel, click on the required MTS server that is running MTS.
This will open the Home page for this server.
From the Home page under the MTS Configuration section, click the Configure button.
This will open the MTS Configuration page.
The 'Areas' parameter is a mandatory field that has been added in Prognosis version 11. It is not applicable for earlier Prognosis versions.
The ‘Area’ field is used to define one or more MTS 'Areas' running on the same MTS server. This allows support of multi-tenanted MTS environments, such as those hosted by ACI On Demand, as well as on-premises installations where multiple environments (dev, qa, prod) are hosted on the one server.
The input requires a user defined 'Area' name to be added together with an associated 'Java Application Server Interface' (JASI) port number. JASI provides an interface into selected items within the MTS database and is used by Prognosis to monitor queue metrics
By default the 'Area' field will be set to 'MtsArea' with the default JASI port number 42010. Either or both of these parameters can be changed by clicking the Edit button.
If required, a new 'Area' can be created by clicking the New button and then adding a new 'Area' name and a JASI port number. When complete, click the Add button.
The 'Area' name can only contain the characters a-z, A-Z, 0-9, - or _, a single blank space between words and cannot begin or end with - or _. No other special characters should be used and any spaces at the beginning or end of a name will be ignored.
A 'View' represents a collection of one or more MTS 'Functions' with each 'Function' representing a group of related queues.
These details are then collected by the Prognosis AciMtsQueue (MTSQSUM) record which can then be added to a Prognosis Display by using a Where Clause to specify the required 'View' name,
e.g. RECTYPE MATCHES "Group" AND GRPSETNM CONTAINS "MTS Central".
The two default 'Views', MTS Central and Queue Central will be automatically populated with Functions/Queues. However, the other pre-packaged Proof Views' need to be set up with queues from your own environment.
To set up the 'Proof Views' click the Build Default Views button.
When finished click the Save Configuration button.